Friday 24 April 2015

Solar Eclipse Sensation!


Imagine an old lady, rocking on a rocking chair remembering what she saw 76 years a ago.
And what did she see? Well she didn't see at all because it was all black!

76 moons ago, there was a solar eclipse which stunned the whole nation- and one that especially stunned me! As we sat in the classroom, we all peered out of the window waiting to see what would happen.

Suddenly, it started going darker and darker... eventually it became almost pitch black . We were stunned and amazed at the sight of 'seeing ' our first eclipse. I was the first Y7 to experience the solar eclipse from the filtered mask . From my memory, I remember that the sun was really green and the moon  was slightly moving to directly cover the moon to make it pitch black , unfortunately we lived in a place where the sky did not turn black but a very black grey, however in other parts of the UK the sky turned pitch black and the moon turned orange.

We were warned by the news and the teachers that we were not allowed to directly stare at the sun in-case we lost our sight. But everyone managed to see it in a way which was safe.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had your contraption for when it happened because I couldn`t see it

    ReplyDelete