Friday 21 November 2014

Spooktacular & Two New Members!



Hello bloggers, my name is Alex Mason and I'm one of the lead bloggers in Melbourne. My job is to inform you all about the latest happenings in our school and to give you an insight into school life.

Last week was the week of our annual halloween themed show, Spooktacular. Every year some of our creative and gifted students take part in the performance and I was lucky enough to be involved in the three concerts this year.

I am a music student and I played guitar in our group, we performed on the Friday night. It's rather frightening being on that stage - particularly as I had to start the piece...I was shaking so much I could barely form the chords! Despite my nerves at the beginning we all got into the swing of things and began to enjoy it. Afterwards we were buzzing!

It certainly wasn't just me performing in the show, as I was among 159 others who all played a part in giving the sell out audience a thrilling night! The show included scenes taken from famous stories like 'Wicked' and 'Corraline' which were performed by the lower school drama clubs. Furthermore, throughout the week we had year 11 students performing songs, street dancers who impressed us with moves that I certainly couldn't match and also, in my opinion, a real highlight was when the year 9 band performed 'Fire' by Kasabian.

There were many other acts too in the show but it would take me quite some time to tell you how good they all were! Everyone thought the show went really well and, although I didn't think it as we nervously stepped onto the stage, I wish we could do it all again!
We would also like to welcome two new members to our blogging community Sarah  (M7) and Alana (M9), we can't wait to see some of their work!


6 comments:

  1. Welcome Sarah and Alana to the team, we look forward to seeing your work!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks great and so was the show cant wait for spooktacular 2015!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! awesome blog Alex. I'm really enjoying these weekly blogs :) hope next weeks will be just as interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This Blog Is Awesome Well Done

    ReplyDelete
  5. super :) i'm loving all the new blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the team Sarah i expect good things from you

    ReplyDelete